Paul is an economic commentator, used by various networks and programmes. He is a frequent contributor to BBC Radio Ulster’s Good Morning Ulster, Inside Business, TalkBack and Evening Extra programmes and to Radio Foyle’s Breakfast Programme and Mark Patterson Show.
Paul has appeared widely on tv and radio:
- As an expert witness on the residential care home sector on the ITV documentary Exposure: Who Cares?
- An occasional contributor to Sunday Politics, for BBC TV Northern Ireland.
- Providing background on child abuse allegations on Channel 4 News.
- As an expert commentator on the banking sector for a BBC1 NI Spotlight documentary.
- As an expert commentator on the Northern Ireland economy for a second BBC1 NI Spotlight documentary.
- Budgetary commentary for BBC1 NI and for Radio Ulster and Radio Foyle.
- The Today Programme on Radio 4 on the prospects for Irish unity.
- The Today Programme on Radio 4 on the publication of his book Changing Money.
- Nicky Campbell’s ITV discussion programme on children in care.
- Radio 4’s Laurie Anderson Programme on the impact of the internet.
- Radio 5’s Jeremy Vine Show discussing the role of think-tanks.
- Radio 5 news discussing internet banking.
- Radio 4’s World Tonight discussing politics in Leicester.
- Newsnight discussing politics in Leicester.
- Channel 4’s Dispatches discussing politics in Leicester.
- Radio Ulster’s Stephen Nolan Show discussing the Northern Ireland economy.
- Ulster TV discussing the impact of a border poll on the Northern Ireland economy.
- BBC TV NI’s Newsline discussing the cost of going to university.
- BBC TV NI’s Newsline discussing the Ilex Urban Regeneration Company.
- BBC TV NI’s Newsline discussing the crisis in the retail sector.
- Court reporting for BBC Radio Leicester and for Leicester Sound.
- RTE Radio 1, several interviews discussing the Northern Irish economy.
- A regular contributor to Radio Ulster’s former Sunday morning discussion programme.
- Presenting the business news on Good Morning Ulster in the absence of the regular presenter.
Paul was also engaged by Channel 4’s Dispatches to work as a researcher for one proposed programme and he produced a General Election in Northern Ireland blog for the Today Programme.
Paul has conducted media training sessions for voluntary sector and private sector clients, working with a client to undertake mock radio and tv interviews.