Paul has been a freelance journalist for 27 years, During that time, Paul has been published in almost every quality UK and Irish national newspaper. He contributed a weekly column for The Independent’s personal finance section answering readers’ financial questions for more than a decade. Paul’s work has also appeared in the Financial Times, The Times, the Irish Times, the Sunday Times, the Mail on Sunday, the Independent on Sunday, the Express, the Daily Telegraph and the Irish Independent.
Paul is a recognised expert on the economy, public service management, accountancy and personal finance.
He writes the news content for ACCA’s Accounting & Business and has acted as news editor for several business magazines. His work has been published in more than a hundred magazines and he has had more than a million words published in The Independent and Independent on Sunday titles.
Paul has been published in:
- The Independent
- Financial Times
- Irish Independent
- Independent on Sunday
- Irish Times
- The Times
- The Daily Telegraph
In addition to writing on his key areas of expertise Paul has:
- Reported for The Independent on local government in Nicaragua;
- Reported on Algerian politics for the Middle East magazine;
- Contributed a regular walking column for The Independent;
- Interviewed many of the most senior public sector managers for The Independent;
- Written extensively on social services and public sector management for Public Finance;
- Interviewed and profiled for Public Finance all Northern Ireland’s finance ministers since devolution;
- Interviewed number one chart band Cornershop (Brimful of Asha) for The People.